“Your brand is what people say about you when you’re not in the room.”
Working a lot with digital marketing and online media, I’ve come to respect to respect the power of a great personal brand. A powerful brand can immediately elevate a person’s professional status – particularly online.
And whether or not you know it – you already have a personal brand online. Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest – they’re all telling a story about you.
But is it the right story?
Anel Martin – winner of PA of the Year 2011/12, recently wrote an article entitled: Building a Powerful Brand. In it, she ask 8 questions (I believe) are vital to help you take stock of your own personal brand:
- Do people know about my business and my brand? What does my advertising material look like? Does my CV look professional? Is my LinkedIn (or other social media) profile flattering and up to date?
- Do people respect my brand or is it seen as cheap and unreliable?
- Am I a market leader, a premium brand or a subject matter expert?
- What are my competitors doing?
- What is happening in my industry?
- Am I up to date with the latest developments in the field?
- Am I good value for money? Does my employer get what they pay for or am I wasting their time and resources?
- Can I give my consumer (employer) something they cannot find anywhere else? What are my value added services?
Answering these questions will help you establish where your personal brand is currently sitting.
And if you work from a place of honestly, you will be able to formulate a vision of your brand that will not only get you excited about who you are and where you’re going… But will help you get there too!
Anel will be speaking on building a powerful brand at the Executive PA Seminar on the 8 September 2015 at Hyatt Regency Hotel.